To say that I’ve been listening to a lot of folk-influenced music lately would be accurate, but would give you an incomplete picture. While I devour a wide-variety of genres and enjoy the music immensely, the only music that I find myself CRAVING falls under the clunky term “Americana.” There is something I find so authentic, honest, and emotionally powerful about folk/alt.country music that just feeds my soul. I’ve put together a mix of artists that I’ve been enjoying recently, with another batch of artists to come in a few weeks.
The included photographs are some snapshots I took during a hike over Thanksgiving near Sacramento.
1. Blitzen Trapper – Furr
2. Megafaun – Heretofore
3. M. Ward – Vincent O’Brien
4. Fleet Foxes – White Winter Hymnal
5. Wilco – Wilco (The Song)
6. The Avett Brothers – Matrimony
7. Son Volt – Drown
8. Drive by Truckers – Carl Perkins’ Cadillac
9. The Tallest Man on Earth – The Wild Hunt
10. Bon Iver – Blood Bank
11. Mountain Man – Animal
12. Ray LaMontagne – Let it Be Me
13. Uncle Tupelo – No Depression
14. Avi Buffalo – What’s In It For?
15. Colour Revolt – Mattresses Underwater
16. David Dondero – Rothko Chapel
17. Good Old War – Coney Island
18. Carolina Chocolate Drops – Cornbread and Butterbeans
19. The Mountain Goats – This Year